Make a gift to MDF during our Giving Tuesday campaign and double the impact of your donation! Thanks to the generosity of the Haylon and Lord families, MDF will match all gifts made now through December 5th, up to the first $10,000 raised. Give now and significantly increase your support of Care and a Cure for myotonic dystrophy families around the world!
Thanks to the pivotal support of community members like you, the Myotonic Dystrophy Foundation is entering its second decade with a list of accomplishments that are extremely rare for such a young organization. Last year alone, our impact on Care and a Cure included:
- The successful completion of 3 years (and over $5,000,000 invested) of drug development acceleration and research initiatives. These are novel developments, and include more than 35 initiatives targeting clinical trial readiness and disease discovery.
- Increasing the MDF community of families, researchers, donors and friends to over 17,000. This includes more than 2,000 myotonic dystrophy professionals and 15,000 patients, family members and donors from more than 70 countries.
- Spectacular growth in support, outreach and communication. We have seen a 900%+ increase in community members connecting and sharing via our Facebook page and groups, and over 14,500 website visitors a month.
- Our largest expansion of Care programs and services ever (over $1,700,000 investment in the past two years), delivering:
- The Social Security Administration (SSA) Toolkit for U.S. families seeking disability coverage,
- The 0-21 education guide for parents of congenital and childhood onset DM children,
- Financial resource information for 17 US states,
- Thousands of copies of the MDF Toolkit, and over 4,500 downloads of the Anesthesia Guidelines every year.
100% of the funding that makes this work possible comes from committed partners like you. Your contributions underwrite and sustain the exceptional momentum we have achieved, and your continued support this year will help expand our reach and impact.
2018 Care and a Cure investments will include:
- MDF 4.0, a new 3-year initiative to triple the number of biotech and pharmaceutical companies developing potential therapies for myotonic dystrophy
- Release of the first clinical care recommendations for this disease, ensuring that doctors serving patients across 4 continents will be educated about and able to deliver best-in-class care
- Expansion of MDF DM Days, a traveling mini-conference program to bring support, information and resources to community members that cannot attend the MDF Annual Conference
- A comprehensive employment program to help people with myotonic dystrophy get into and stay in the world of work.
As partners of the world’s largest DM-only patient advocacy organization, you play a critical role in bringing MDF’s support, education and drug development acceleration work to life. We deeply appreciate all that you have made possible in our first decade, and hope you will join us in accelerating the drive to therapies and better quality of life for our community as we launch 2018. There has never been a more critical time for our disease and community, and your support has never been more important.
Thank you for your support of MDF families and those living with myotonic dystrophy during this holiday season. We couldn’t do this work without you. Happy holidays!