Researchers at the University of Illinois recently re-engineered small molecules to disrupt toxic RNA repeats involved in DM2.
Are you interested in joining forces with MDF to serve more members of the DM community and drive research?
If you are, TeamMDF needs you! TeamMDF is the Myotonic Dystrophy Foundation's grassroots volunteer corps, created to increase the number of community members we support through our education, advocacy, and research programs, ultimately enhancing the quality of life of people living with myotonic dystrophy (DM), and maximizing efforts focused on treatments and a cure for this disease.
TeamMDF has lots of volunteer opportunities:
- Advocate for increased rare disease funding and critical legislation;
- Educate healthcare professionals and your community about myotonic dystrophy, and provide names for the VIP List;
- Ready to recommend a physician or medical professional to your fellow community members? Click here to fill out the VIP Referral Form!
- Engage your local media outlets and your social media networks, and help promote MDF's national programming;
- Fundraise for DM research and host other awareness events in your community;
- Launch a support group or provide support by participating in the Peer-to-Peer Warmline.
Short on time, but still want to make a difference? Click here to learn how you can get involved in as little as ten minutes a month!
Questions? Contact us at TeamMDF@myotonic.org, or 86-myotonic (866-968-6642).