DM and Genetics: Your Questions Answered
Monday July 22nd
12 PM PST / 2 PM CST
Join Certified Genetic Counselor Tiffany Grider from the University of Iowa for an interactive webinar on DM and genetics. Topics will include:
- The underlying genetic cause of myotonic dystrophy type 1.
- How this genetic cause leads to so many different medical problems including muscle weakness.
- Inheritance, the risks for congenital myotonic dystrophy and the genetic basis for the more severe symptoms.
- Different types of genetic testing including diagnostic, presymptomatic, and prenatal.
- Research being done for gene therapies.
For more information, contact MDF Program Director Leah Hellerstein by email or phone at 415-872-7924.