Over 24 Active Support Groups
MDF currently sponsors 24 active support groups around the US and internationally, in addition to our online and phone based groups. We are incredibly grateful for the commitment of our support group facilitators and the vital role that they play for the DM community. Support groups provide a space for people to connect, share stories and challenges, and support one and other. These groups create lasting relationships and can help people feel less isolated and alone.
Click here to find an in-person support group near you!
Start a MDF Support Group in Your Area
We are on a mission to make support groups available to every affected family member who wants one. If you are interested in starting a support group in your area, we are here to work with you through every step of the process, and we'll provide ongoing support and resources to ensure that your group is a success. Contact us at 415-800-7777 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Virtual Support Options
Don't live near a support group but still interested in networking, sharing information and making friends in the DM community? Not quite ready to start your own? Check out MDF's Facebook Groups:
- MDF Caregivers Group
- MDF DM1 Group
- MDF Myotonic Dystrophy Type 2
- MDF Unaffected Male Caregiver Group
- MDF Myotonic Dystrophy JOA
Other MDF Facebook Groups:
- Chicagoland DM Support Group
- Indiana Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy Support Group
- MDF support group Greensboro, NC
- MDF Support Group - Kansas City, MO
- Our Voices - Our Life
- Myotonic Dystrophy Support and Information
- Distrofia Muscular Miotonica ou Distrofia de Steinert
- Telefon-Kontaktgruppe myotone Dystrophie