MDF Launches All-New Summer Camp for JOAs!
As part of MDF's 2019 JOA program initiative, we are launching an away camp experience for adults ages 18+ living with juvenile-onset myotonic dystrophy (This camp is exclusive to juvenile-onset adults). Our JOA community is invited to Easterseals' Timber Pointe Outdoor Center in Hudson, Illinois, on beautiful Lake Bloomington for 5 days and 4 nights beginning August 4th. Join other MDF JOA community members as we horseback ride, canoe, fish, try out the zipline, roast marshmallows and enjoy a terrific summer camping experience.
Learn More and Sign Up Below!
- The beautiful 160-acre facility is located on Lake Bloomington in Hudson, Illinois. Timber Pointe Outdoor Center is designed to offer specialized, inclusive, and adapted programming to meet the needs of individual campers and guests.
- All cabins are climate controlled. Showers are equipped with hoyer lifts and shower chairs.
- Campers will be supervised by 4 counselors in two cabins, with a 5:1 camper to counselor ratio.
- Timberpointe Outdoor Center is a alcohol and tobacco-free facility.
- Camp begins Sunday, August 4th and concludes Thursday, August 8th. Campers are responsible for airfare if necessary. Transportation costs from Chicago's O'Hare Airport to the camp at Timber Pointe Outdoor Center are included in the camper fees.
- Registration is $900 per camper.
For more information and to register contact Leah Hellerstein, MDF Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 415-872-7924.